A Quick Overview of My Craft Workflow
This article is about my Craft workflow which is behind any article, short or longer, I share online. Here is what happens when I just got a new post idea.
- In Apple’s Reminders.app, Create an entry and set priority and desired or expected date of publication if known.
- In Craft, create a new document, set the title and then copy the document’s deeplink to the clipboard.
- Still within Craft, move the newly created document in the appropriate folder.
- Still within Craft, add an entry in My Publishing Pipeline which is available for the public from the The Numeric Citizen Digital Garden.
- Return to Apple’s Reminders and paste the Deeplink in the URL field. Really handy to jump from Reminders to Craft with a single tap.
At this point, I can start my research, writing and editing of my article or blog post in Craft. Now, here is what happens after publishing my article:
- Mark Reminder item as done.
- Mark item as completed in My Publishing Pipeline
- Copy the article’s permalink URL to The Numeric Citizen Digital Garden in the appropriate section.
- Monitor the appropriate RSS feed for quality control. See this article about subscribing to my own RSS feeds.
There you have it. Craft plays a central role in my blogger and content creator workflow. This blog post expose what happens at the beginning and at the end of a new post idea. I hope you enjoyed.